Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Did It!

Wow. I can't believe I finished it! I've been writing this blog for two years now, and looking back on some of those first posts makes me realize how much of an achievement this adventure has been for me. It's really opened up new doors.

Let me just say this right off the bat - I'm not done blogging. I've finished the first major 'story arc', but it won't be the last. After being frustrated about not being able to blog about now for a while, I started another blog. Now that this one is freed from the past though, I think I'll just merge those posts into this one and continue writing this blog.

Also, over the summer I hope to write a few "appendix" chapters related to my travels. I have a video or two I'd like to put up, and a load of practical and technical experience on travelling (essentials to pack, how to save money, that sort of thing) that I'd like to share.


Apart from my own huge satisfaction at wrapping up this big project, there's been a couple of other happy surprises. First, David's comment on the previous post was really encouraging. Here's a rough translation:


Wonderful ending. Good luck with the documentary. If you tell it as well in pictures as you do in words, it can't hardly go wrong ;)
David

Second, Hedda wrote me a long mail after seeing my post, and I'll be going to Oslo to visit her some time during the next couple of months. She seems very happy with her new boyfriend, which I'm very pleased to hear.

At the moment I'm wrapped up in exams, so for the next month I probably won't have a lot of interesting to write about except musings on exams, math and physics. If you didn't read my other blog though, those posts will be coming here in a slightly edited (read: improved) version.


I'm back, baby!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS: I did something heretical and changed the title of the previous post. I'm quoting a Jan Guillou epilogue, but I just couldn't help myself.

PPS: My favourite blog at the moment is written by a girl my age who is absolutely hilarious. Check it out at http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/ and if you don't feel like reading the whole thing in one go (and you might be tempted!), you should at least read How a Fish Almost Destroyed My Childhood.

No comments: